Tuesday 20 July 2010

I miss us circa 2006...

I dont recognize you anymore. Youre not the same person that I knew before.
Somethings taken over your life, and Im not one to say wrong or right,
But, I just dont know you anymore.

Its not just your body thats changed.
Your whole life seems rearranged.
The two eyes staring back at me
Just arent the same as they used to be.
Most of the time youre not really there,
And maybe Im not supposed to care,
But I knew you as a friend to me
And I miss the person you used to be.

I see you and you walk on by
It just makes me want to cry
Cause I dont see the familiar glow
Of the person I used to know.
I know you think that youre having fun.
But, dont you miss your days in the sun.
When you would shine your light so bright
Before your life became a fight.

I know its none of my business,
But its your smiling face I miss.
I wish that you would spend time with me
Without the extra activity.
I dont know if I should help at all
I just dont want to see you fall.
But who am I to change your ways.
I just pray that you find brighter days.

I dont recognize you anymore. Youre not the same person that I knew before.
Somethings taken over your life, and Im not one to say wrong or right,
But, I just dont know you anymore.

Once upon a time I had a friend
I thought they'd be there until the end.
But something interrupted them.
And now its all just sink or swim.
They used to float all through their life
Seeing things with their own sight.
Now they cant see through the haze,
And their whole life has become a maze.

I dont recognize them anymore. They're not the same person that I knew before.
Somethings taken over their soul, and they have lost all their control.
I just dont know them anymore Don't recognize them anymore.
I just dont know them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment